Join Us at the Ypulse Youth Marketing Mashup
Ypulse Youth Marketing Mashups are conferences hosted by our friend Anastasia Goodstein, the editor of Ypulse.com, a favorite source of daily coverage of the social and digital trends that define today’s totally wired young people and marketing in the youth space. This year’s national conference, June 1-2 in San Francisco, brings together a diverse mix of brand, corporate and social marketers, media pros, educators and youth advocates. The event is about marketing to tweens, teens and young adults with technology and about understanding and communicating with youth ethically—and in ways that add value to their lives.
We’ll be there, and hope many of you are able to join us! Visit www.mashup.ypulse.com for the details, full speaker lineup, and to register. Anastasia has given us a special 10 % discount code for the OneSeventeen Media community: 117MEDIA.
This year, an (Un)Conference: Tweens Online: Balancing Safety and Fun will precede the main event on Sunday afternoon and Mashup itself will kick off Monday morning with three pre-conference sessions:
- Youth Marketing Boot Camp for fresh insights about teens and the new relationship between young consumers and their technology.
- Urban/Multicultural Mashup features some of the real stars of this space, trend presentations, sessions on mobile and pro-social partnerships and more.
- Ypulse Campus Case Study Slam for insights from lots of pros in the trenches of college campuses, including one dean of admissions in addition to marketers from MySpace Records and Levi Strauss!
Here are just a few of the speakers who will be offering insights into the Digital Generation at the main conference, which starts after lunch (on our own), and continues through Tuesday (when lunch is actually part of lively, user-generated roundtable discussions):
- Don Tapscott, the author of Grown Up Digital, on how this generation is changing the world and its institutions.
- Josh Shipp, a renowned speaker on youth issues who channels his talent for empowering young people into Hey Josh.com, on what teens care about.
- Donna Fenn, who has been interviewing young entrepreneurs over the past two years for her book Upstarts! How the Entrepreneurial Generation is Rocking the World of Business.
- David Brind and Adam Salky, the screenwriter and director of “DARE,” on site for a Q&A after an exclusive screening of this 2009 Sundance Film Festival hit!
- Greg Clayman, Executive Vice President of Digital Distribution and Business Development, MTV Networks.
- Executives from Disney, covering best practices for user-generated campaigns.
- Kit Yarrow, co-author of Gen BuY: How Tweens, Teens and 20-Somethings are Revolutionizing Retail.
- A Youth Panel, ages 13 to 24, rating brand campaigns—and offering feedback on our own youth initiatives!
- Guy Kawasaki, interacting with a another panel of Youth Entrepreneurs.
- Adam Aberman, director of digital strategy at Ashoka’s Youth Venture, and Best Buy’s Tim Showalter-Loch, talking about a very successful pro-social campaign.
- Daryl Butler, who directs retail brand marketing at Nike, on keeping youth marketing simple.
- Bill Carter of Fuse, on cutting spending without losing marketing impact.
We hope to meet some of you in San Francisco! ( Check out the impressive list of 2007-2008 Mashup attendees!)
Entry filed under: Kids, Millennials, OneSeventeen Media, Opportunities, Research, Social Media, Social Networks, Technology, Youth. Tags: Anastasia Goodstein, discount, OneSeventeen Media, Teens, Totally Wired, Tweens, Ypulse, Ypulse Youth Marketing Mashup.